All attending member institutions should submit to present in the regular, concurrent, sessions at the National Conference. Submissions are due by October 18, 2015 at 11:59 PST. Please use the form below to submit for any (or all!) of the following categories:
These are the primary, concurrent, sessions of the conference and provide a platform for NAGPS members to learn from, and help, each other by presenting on some of the effective and innovative programs/service they offer, or to present on a problem their government is facing. The sessions are 30 minutes in length, inclusive of questions, and can range on any topic involving graduate student government, including but not limited to:[list type=”circle_list”]
- Student Government Finance (Budgeting)
- Government/Administration relations
- New and Innovative programs
- Professional Development programming
- Social programming
- Quality of life
- Dealing with/Overcoming challenges and adversity
Similar to TED Talks, IgniteNAGPS #research provides the platform to share your life-shaping experiences, passions, and unique perspectives on research, advocacy and other topics of interest. Whatever your topic is (as long as it’s PG-13 or lower and not a sales pitch), share it with us in a submission below.
These presentations:[list type=”circle_list”]
- Are 5 minutes (no more, no less) in length. (Yes, you will get the boot)
- You can prepare 20 slides using any tool you want to use, but it has to be timed and auto-progressed.
- Read these tips to gain your bearings.
- Summarize and capture your research in its absolute essence to engage the audience
- Include only essential details for understanding — more depth should be saved for side conversations after the presentations[/list]
Looking to show off your research to a multi-disciplinary audience? Submit here to have your poster showcased at the National Conference!