All attending member institutions should submit to present in the regular, concurrent, sessions at the National Conference. Submissions are due October 23, 2016. Please use the form below to submit for any (or all!) of the following categories:
These are the primary, concurrent, sessions of the conference and provide a platform for NAGPS members to learn from, and help, each other by presenting on some of the effective and innovative programs/service they offer, or to present on a problem their government is facing. The sessions are 30 minutes in length, inclusive of questions, and can range on any topic involving graduate student government, including but not limited to:
- Student Government Finance (Budgeting)
- Government/Administration relations
- New and Innovative programs
- Professional Development programming
- Social programming
- Quality of life
- Dealing with/Overcoming challenges and adversity
Similar to TED Talks, IgniteNAGPS #research provides the platform to share your life-shaping experiences, passions, and unique perspectives on research, advocacy and other topics of interest. Whatever your topic is (as long as it’s PG-13 or lower and not a sales pitch), share it with us in a submission below.
- Are 5 minutes (no more, no less) in length. (Yes, you will get the boot)
- You can prepare 20 slides using any tool you want to use, but it has to be timed and auto-progressed.
- Read these tips to gain your bearings.
- Summarize and capture your research in its absolute essence to engage the audience
- Include only essential details for understanding — more depth should be saved for side conversations after the presentations
Looking to show off your research to a multi-disciplinary audience? Submit here to have your poster showcased at the National Conference!
3 Minute Thesis Session:
Looking to show off your research to a multi-disciplinary audience? Submit here to participate in our 3MT at the National Conference!