About the Region
Steeped in a rich mixture of cultures and traditions, the southeastern United States is home to many of the oldest, largest, most storied, and most diverse colleges and universities in the country. From thriving private institutions to massive public research universities, the schools in this region are known for their deep roots, their historic rivalries, and their abiding commitment to the public good. Among them are the first collegiate World Heritage Site (UVA) and the nation’s first state-charted university (UGA). Many of the nation’s leading programs in medicine, business, engineering, agriculture, social sciences, arts and humanities are found here, in a region whose heritage, diversity, and natural beauty have inspired much of the music, dance, cinema, intellectual thought, politics, cuisine, and fashion which define American life and have been exported across the world.
- University of South Carolina – Graduate Student Association
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County – Graduate Student Association
- University of South Florida – Graduate and Professional Student Council
- University of Virginia – Graduate Student Council
Southeast Executive Board
|Michael Snell||University of Georgia||Regional Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Join the National Facebook page and stay in touch with other member schools nationally and regionally!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Check out the NAGPS Blog to find out what is going on around the country