About the Region
Steeped in a rich mixture of cultures and traditions, the southeastern United States is home to many of the oldest, largest, most storied, and most diverse colleges and universities in the country. From thriving private institutions to massive public research universities, the schools in this region are known for their deep roots, their historic rivalries, and their abiding commitment to the public good. Among them are the first collegiate World Heritage Site (UVA) and the nation’s first state-charted university (UGA). Many of the nation’s leading programs in medicine, business, engineering, agriculture, social sciences, arts and humanities are found here, in a region whose heritage, diversity, and natural beauty have inspired much of the music, dance, cinema, intellectual thought, politics, cuisine, and fashion which define American life and have been exported across the world.
- University of South Carolina – Graduate Student Association
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County – Graduate Student Association
- University of South Florida – Graduate and Professional Student Council
- University of Virginia – Graduate Student Council
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro – Graduate Student Association
Southeast Executive Board
|Judith Rivera||North Carolina State University / The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||Regional Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Darren Pikul||Florida Atlantic University||Vice-Chairemail@example.com|
|Veronica Charles||American University||Director of Legislative Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kim Casimbon||The Universities at Shady Grove / University of Maryland, College Park||Director of Outreachemail@example.com|
|VACANT||VACANT||Director of Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Danielle Anderson||University of Georgia||Employment Concerns Chairemail@example.com|
|Matthew Murray||Shenandoah University||Social Justice Concerns Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mahbubul Hasan||The University of Memphis||International Student Concerns Chairemail@example.com|
|Nick Flanagan||University of Virgina||Conference Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Join the National Facebook page and stay in touch with other member schools nationally and regionally!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Check out the NAGPS Blog to find out what is going on around the country