Date(s) - 10/01/2021 - 12/01/2021
Want to host a NAGPS National Conference and become part of NAGPS history?
Submit a bid to be the host institution for the 35th Annual National Conference! The NAGPS National Conference gathers graduate and professional students from across the country for the sharing of leadership techniques, best practices, advocacy goals, and successful programs and initiatives.
National Conference Host Duties and Obligations
The NAGPS National Conference shall be held in conjunction with the National Membership Meeting. In accordance with the NAGPS Bylaws, each region shall host the National Conference at least once every ten years. No region shall host the National Conference in consecutive years.
Host Organization (National Conference Coordinator) Obligations
- Host organizations shall submit a letter of approval from their governing student body to the NAGPS Executive Committee prior to the bid selection process. This letter shall provide:
- Approval of the organization to host the national conference.
- A Director of the National Conference to coordinate planning and volunteers of the national conference. The Director shall be a member of the host organization.
- A National Conference bid selection process shall be conducted at the National Membership Meeting. Each host organization candidate shall present a proposal for the National Conference including, but not limited to:
- Dates of conference.
- Location and host organization candidate overview.
- Conference schedule and overview.
- Meeting Facilities.
- Projected budget.
- Projected expenses for an attending organization.
- Name of the Director of the National Conference.
- Required assistance from NAGPS.
- Provisions for a virtual component
- Host organizations shall secure funding for the conference. It is the responsibility of the host school to lead fundraising efforts. All fundraising and other partners must be submitted to the Board of Directors, which reserves the right to reject any partnership.
- With the explicit recognition that the National Conference is not primarily a fundraising event, a comprehensive budget (accounting for all money raised and all expenses) will be maintained by the host organization with the assistance of the NAGPS Vice President and the Director of Finance.
- The host organization shall adhere to the NAGPS Constitution, Bylaws, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- All approved written and verbal communications to host the conference are binding. Due to the cost incurred for advertising, recruitment, and sponsors, notification of cancellation shall be given in writing by 30 days of the contract being signed of the national conference year and only upon extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the host organization or NAGPS.
- Conference events must correspond with all NAGPS guidelines and spending procedures.
- The NAGPS Board of Directors shall determine all fees for the conference.
- The Vice President shall act as liaison to and oversee the host organization.
- In accordance with the Event Management and Budgeting section of this document, the Vice President shall, in coordination with the host organization, submit a budget outlining all expenses and revenues. See that section for more details.
- The Board of Directors shall be responsible for the content of the National Conference and the National Membership Meeting.
- NAGPS shall not cover the cost of alcohol at any event and will not accept the liability for events at which alcohol is served.
- The conference registration fee will be waived for members of the host organization, and other persons with the approval of the Vice President.
- The national conference registration fee shall be waived for two persons at the next national conference.
- The membership fee for the year following the national conference shall be waived for the host organization.