As an NAGPS member, you and your constituents (if you are a graduate-professional student organization) have access to NAGPS-negotiated discounts on health, dental/vision, and auto insurance. Here is a summary of the insurance options we provide:
NAGPS healthcare plans are available to graduate-professional students, RAs, TAs, TFs, and post-docs.
The Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan, provided by Student Resources–a UnitedHealthcare company–offers students (and post-docs) single coverage at a competitive cost. Some of the important features of the plan are:[list type=circle_list]
- Low monthly cost
- Access to a large nationwide panel of physicians
- Low co-pays and co-insurance for doctor’s visits, hospitalization, lab, x-ray and prescriptions
- Coverage is available for your eligible dependents, including domestic partners
- Maternity is covered
- Coverage is guaranteed regardless of any medical condition
- All J1 visa requirements for medical coverage, repatriation and medical evacuation are satisfied by enrollment in this plan.
Along with access to the injury and sickness insurance program, you can take advantage of value-added benefits not found in most individual health plans. The UnitedHealth Allies® discount program and Collegiate Assistance Program are included with every policy at no additional cost:[list type=circle_list]
- The UnitedHealth Allies® discount program provides up to 50% savings on a wide range of health-related products and services including dental, vision and wellness. Enjoy additional savings on massage therapy, sports apparel & equipment, fitness club membership and even textbooks. The discount is accepted at thousands of locations nationwide.
- The Collegiate Assistance Program (CAP) provides 24/7, toll-free access to a team of nurses and specialists that are there to help you manage common problems and stressors that can detract from academic success. CAP professionals can assist with health, personal, school, legal, financial, and other concerns.
For more information or to enroll in this plan, click here.
NAGPS has partnered with Humana to provide dental insurance for NAGPS members. Plans are available for $12-23 per month for individuals and $51-87 per month for families.
NAGPS has partnered with Humana to offer vision insurance for NAGPS members. Coverage inclues vision exams, eyeglass lenses, frames (after copay) and access to a discount network. Plans are available for $15-18 per month for individuals and $49-52 for families.
GEICO provides our discounted auto insurance; NAGPS members can obtain discounts of up to 8% (depending on state and driving history) off the normal already-low price. Get a free quote to see if the plan is right for you.