The Advocacy Board of NAGPS is a standing committee composed of the Employment Concerns Advocate, the International Student Concerns Advocate, and the Social Justice Advocate. It is the main working group on issues laid out in our advocacy platform.
Please contact the Chair of the Advocacy Board if you are interested in joining this committee. The activities of the committee are as follows.[list type=circle_list]
- Real-time monitoring of and response to advocacy issues relating to our advocacy platform.
- Assisting the development of both regional and national social media campaigns, open letters, op-eds, and press release related to advocacy.
- Developing materials to aid in local and national advocacy through the NAGPS institute.
- Monthly teleconferences with the committee to report in and to share any advocacy issues, as they arise.
Advocacy Board Chair
Updates from the Advocacy Board[list type=circle_list]
- The Advocacy Board sent a letter and press release out to the Board of Trustees of the College of St. Rose, voicing our opinion on the recent cuts to their budget and the lack of shared governance.
- Signed onto a letter supporting the University of Missouri union drive.
- Wrote and filed an amicus curiae brief in the Columbia University NLRB case.